Thursday, August 18, 2005

Crossing the Line?


Sources indicate CBC management is considering a move that is going to piss off a lot of people...and maybe make a few happy. Within the next week or two, the CBC is considering posting the terms of the latest offer...and allowing anyone to come back to work under those conditions.
It's a move the corp will likely wait a bit longer to implement: another week or two with no pay, bills piling up...and some people may be willing to cross the line and go back to work. Of course, such a move would drastically weaken the union's position in negotiations.

But you know what?
I bet some people would go back to work. This ain't the old CBC. The CMG is made up of a pretty diverse group of people, and not everyone is 'brother and sister' union friendly. And on some issues, I'd say I'm not much of a union person either. This is different. Our future livelihood is at stake, make no mistake. If new hires are the CBC focus right now for contract work, permanent employees will be on the radar next time round.

So let's get one thing straight: if I see one asshole crossing my line, I'm throwing something at them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home